What is Early Childhood Family Education?
• Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is a program for all Byron families with children between the ages of birth and kindergarten enrollment.
• The program recognizes that parents are children’s first and most significant teachers.
• Early Childhood Family Education works to strengthen families and enhance the ability of all parents to provide the best possible environment for the healthy growth and development of their children.
• Brain research confirms that the first three years are an extremely critical period in a child’s development, especially in the areas of language, social skills, and the roots of intelligence.
• Research confirms that children whose parents are involved in their education and learning are more successful in school.
Who Participates In Early Childhood Family Education?
• Parents and children participate together. Participation by families is voluntary and services are offered free or for a nominal fee.
• Early Childhood Family Education is committed to universal access for all families.
Registration Information – ECFE Classes
• Please be certain that your child is the appropriate age for the specific class you have chosen. “Pre-kindergarten” refers to any child who has not yet enrolled in Kindergarten.
• Lap babies (0-9 months) are welcome to attend during parent/child interaction time and during parent discussion.
• No family will be denied the opportunity to participate in ECFE programs because of inability to pay. Family scholarships are available upon request. Contact the Community Education office for more information.
• We are required by law to have a current immunization record for each child enrolled in our program.